Wednesday 10 August 2011

Another Style Discovery

You may have noticed some of my photos of graffiti artists at work on Manly skate park in a previous post.
Well, after that evening I woke up in the morning with a spray cap in my pocket belonging to one of the painters on the night, the well known writer Roter, who happens to also be my brother :o. I was enthused by it's remnants of paint and cultural significance. I thought 'This is an ornament, an object of the time, and that a lot of those young painters would froth to have'. So there, lying next to my bed in the tangled mess they linger in, is my chain collection, amongst which was this lonesome ball chain, unadorned and awaiting such a pendant.
Here we have it, a new collection I am going to start - a series of chains with spray caps used by well known graffiti artists, accompanied by images of the work they were used on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment